Saturday, June 07, 2008

My Dad, and an Update

I thank everyone who sent good wishes regarding my dad. He died on May 29 at the age of 89. We all miss him terribly, but we're glad his suffering is over.

In the meantime, I'm writing and preparing for my annual trip to the National Sacred Harp Convention in Birmingham. The convention couldn't come at a better time--I sorely need fellowship and singing to ease my grief.

I'll resume regular postings at the beginning of July. In the meantime, enjoy summer, and don't forget your sunscreen.

Sharona

2 comments:

Nathan Granner said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm glad I found your blog, but under the cicumstances. It's been a heck of a day over here, but nothing like yours.

Take care.

Nathan

Boomer Angst said...

Thanks for your comments, Nathan. It's an odd coincidence that I received your comment on my blog post about my father (from last year) the day I returned from my mother's funeral. They're both at peace now, and I'm happy for that.