Friday, February 29, 2008

How "Green" Is Your Reading Material?


I have to say, I never thought about the issue of "green" reading material until I ran across information about Read an eBook Week, which begins this Sunday (March 2-8). As I write ebooks, I really have no excuse not to support Read an eBook Week.

Ebooks are environmentally friendly because they don't require any paper. Did you know that over a third of all books printed are never read? I'm quoting from the Read an eBook web site here: "They are returned to the publisher and end up in landfills."

I was astonished to read that!

So, I am supporting Read an eBook Week, and I hope you do, too. Not only that, I'm giving you an incentive to support it. Simply join my announcements Yahoogroup for a chance to win an ebook copy of my novel COVER ME. (If you're already a member, you're automatically entered.)

That's all you have to do! I'll draw the winner on Sunday, March 9th. Hope to see you on my group, and good luck on winning the book!

Sharona

No comments: